Elon University is the premier student-centered learning environment, preparing graduates to be the ethical leaders the world needs. Elon students are ambitious, curious and compassionate, inspired to be big thinkers and creative problem-solvers.
Elon has built a national reputation for excellence based on five key factors:
- Student-centered: Elon is a close community—students develop strong, mentoring relationships with faculty and staff, with their peers and with alumni.
- Globally engaged: You’ll find Elon students engaged in learning in every corner of the world through the university’s top-ranked study abroad program.
- Experiential: We learn best through experience, so an Elon education is filled with hands-on learning opportunities in the classroom, in the lab and on the job.
- Environment for learning: With one of the nation’s finest residential campuses, Elon provides facilities and learning resources that breed powerful collaboration and spark bold ideas.
- Ambitious: Members of our community are restless in all the right ways, unafraid to set high expectations, rising to every challenge and constantly striving to build a better world.
Elon’s rigorous curriculum is grounded in the arts and sciences and complemented by nationally accredited professional and graduate programs. The 439 full-time faculty members teach in more than 60 undergraduate majors, along with master’s programs in business administration, management, education, interactive media and physician assistant studies; and doctoral programs in physical therapy and law. Elon’s four-year graduation rate of 79 percent ranks in the top 10 percent of U.S. private universities.
The university includes Elon College, the College of Arts and Sciences; the Martha and Spencer Love School of Business; the School of Communications; the School of Education; the School of Health Sciences; and the School of Law, which is located on a campus in downtown Greensboro, N.C.
Elon’s 6,196 undergraduate and 795 graduate students come from 47 states and 53 other countries. About 25 percent are from North Carolina, with strong enrollment numbers from the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and other states across the country.
Elon sends more undergraduate students to study abroad than any other master’s-level university in the nation. Seventy-eight percent of Elon graduates have at least one international study experience, often combined with internships, research or service. In addition, Elon’s Study USA program includes opportunities to study in Los Angeles, New York City, Washington, D.C., Hawaii, Alaska and other locations.